Code is a high-end e-commerce agency with Shopify at its core. Being a Coder means you are at the forefront of bringing e-commerce experiences to life for cool and ambitious brands. We design, develop and optimize our clients' most critical business tool: their e-commerce platform.
Brands we work with include: Stoov, McGregor, Farmer Gracy, The Sports Edit, By-bar, Osaka, Fascino Coffee, 10DAYS and Rosefield.
We're a team of 50 developers, project and account managers, marketers and strategists with a shared passion: e-commerce. We are remote-friendly and spread out across our three offices in Delft, Amsterdam and Berlin. We love our warm-hearted culture and daily lunches; being social is deeply rooted in our work culture. We have created a great place to work for our Coders and we constantly strive for a healthy work-life balance. Personal development is one of our key company values.
But enough about us - we want to know more about you!
About the role
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer who advises our customers on the optimal design of their e-commerce landscape. As a link between Sales, Development and our customers, you represent the various teams and identify opportunities and risks at an early stage. You help the Sales team to submit a project proposal with maximum customer value.
The emphasis of your role is ensuring the correct use of Shopify functionality and apps within the Shopify apps ecosystem. However, your view is broader than just the e-commerce platform. You understand that a webshop is a puzzle piece in an extensive IT architecture, where elements such as product data, customer information, inventory management and order processing come together in external systems. You can clearly explain how choices in this complex landscape influence a Shopify store and vice versa.
Within Code, new projects often start with the ‘Discovery phase’. In this phase, you collaborate with the customer and our developers to determine how we will enter the development phase. If the webshop is the house, then you are the one who makes the construction drawing. You ask the right questions to fully understand the customer's wishes and requirements. You map the customer's IT landscape and, after consultation with our devs, advise on technical solutions for the webshop.
This Discovery phase has two important goals. On the one hand, it ensures that our customer has a clear view of the (to be) delivered functionality and the investment this entails. On the other hand, your construction drawing acts as a road map, allowing our teams to complete projects on time and within budget.
- You are aware of technologies such as headless commerce and Shopify Commerce Components and closely follow technical developments and innovations in the e-commerce industry
- You enjoy taking the lead in a conversation and are able to ask the right questions
- You identify the pain points and needs of leads in no time and translate them into the best e-commerce solution
- You think out of the box: where others have no answer, you come up with creative solutions that are not obvious
- When you see an opportunity or risk, you work with the commercial team to convert it into value for our customers
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the e-commerce industry.
- You are a Shopify (apps) expert and have knowledge of Enterprise SaaS software.
- You are familiar with common systems such as ERP, WMS/OMS, PIM, CMS, CDP.
- You have good analytical skills; you are a real problem solver!
- You have exceptional social skills, feel at home in a team and have experience in developing and managing strong relationships with customers and partners.
- You have good written and oral communication skills in both English and Dutch and you can present convincingly.
- You have an HBO/WO working and thinking level.
You are going to amaze us with:
- Have experience with other e-commerce platforms
- Have knowledge of Low-code development and integration platforms
- Speaks German
What's in it for you:
- Fun, challenging projects for growing brands in the Champions League of e-commerce
- Being part of a team where your input will be valued and respected
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Informal dress code and open culture – we like to feel at home! So expect to have fun with after-work drinks & team outings
- Tasty lunches provided at the office every day
- Healthy work-life balance
- When we're out of office, we really are. No hosting or release head-aches is one of the many SaaS perks
- Long-term stability and growth potential
- Easy accessibility by public transport
- Possibility to work in our beautiful office in picturesque Delft, vibrant Amsterdam or remote - we meet up weekly during dev-days in the office in Delft
- Personal and professional development is essential to us, so we're here to help you grow