What makes Shopify the best e-commerce platform?
Code is good at code. And Shopify. We develop high-end Shopify stores that will get you revenue and growth from the very start. Our projects range from digital flagship stores for pioneering e-commerce start-ups to enterprise solutions for major brands like O'Neill and MR MARVIS.
The fact that Shopify gives you something priceless: peace of mind.
How? By simply being the best performing, most complete platform out there. Shopify offers you extreme user-friendliness. It makes your online store run smoothly, day in day out, so that you don’t have to fret about the technical side of your business and can focus on reaching your goals.
With Shopify you get full access to any and all sales channels, right from the start: your online store, social media, marketplaces like Amazon, B2B channel, international storefronts - and if you have a brick-and-mortar presence or pop-up store you can integrate it seamlessly with Shopify POS. Shopify is infinitely scalable and never crashes - not even on Black Friday. It grows along with your company and keeps growing with you all the way to enterprise level.
Advantages of a Shopify webshop
Want to start an online store, or are you dissatisfied with your current e-commerce platform? Shopify is the best solution for your online business - because Shopify is SaaS, and because they have a flexible pricing policy that ensures you never pay more than you can miss.
1. Shopify is SaaS
SaaS (Software as a Service) is takes all the hassle out of IT. It’s all about the cloud: instead of managing your software on your own servers, you lease it for as long as you need it and can access it from anywhere.
With Shopify you’re always using the latest version of your platform. With Shopify you don’t have to run security updates ever, or worry about hosting and bandwidth. And Shopify never crashes: it can handle over 10.000 transactions per minute and boasts an uptime of 99,98% for years now.
2. Shopify offers revenue sharing
Shopify has the exact same goal as you: getting you revenue. That’s because of their pricing policy, where they charge you a basic fee per month plus a percentage of your revenue, in the form of transaction costs. This is called revenue sharing, and it gives Shopify a clear incentive to make their platform an incredibly effective sales tool.
It also means that your monthly fee adapts to your revenue. In quiet times you pay a bit less, in Q4 a bit more, depending on how well your store performs.
More Shopify advantages
- Low entry cost
- Unlimited bandwidth and products
- Fully responsive
- Smooth integration with external systems like your ERP, PIM, OMS, WMS and 3PL
- Google Analytics and extensive reports
- Supports all common payment methods
- Delivery can be done in a matter of weeks
Disadvantages of Shopify
Are there any downsides? Hardly any, but if Shopify doesn't fit the specific needs of your business, we'll be the first to admit it. There are a few tenacious myths about what Shopify supposedly cannot do, though. Want to read about those? We bust four common Shopify myths in this blog.
Examples of Shopify stores
Want to see Shopify and Code in action? Check these examples of international Shopify webshops we built:
Curious about the big international brands on Shopify? Check out the stores of Allbirds, Gymshark, and Kylie Cosmetics. To name just a few.
What does a Shopify webshop cost?
Wat does a Shopify webshop cost? There are three subscriptions: Basic ($29 a month + transaction costs), Standard ($59a month + transaction costs), and Advanced ($298 a month + transaction costs).
If you want to collaborate with Shopify specialists of an agency like Code, then you need to take the costs of developing your online store into account. Since the scope completely depends on design and requirements, think of a bandwidth of 30-300K.
Is your revenue upwards of a million a year? Then your best bet is Shopify Plus, the enterprise version of Shopify. Shopify Plus is tailor made for brands that are looking to scale. Read more about Shopify Plus here.
Migrate to Shopify
Are you dissatisfied with the platform you’re using for your current store? Code moves your webshop from Magento, Lightspeed, Salesforce, Shopware, Drupal, Woocommerce or any other platform to a professional Shopify store in no-time.
Curious about what a migration to Shopify looks like? Brands like Rosefield, MUD jeans and Stoov already took the leap:
→ Read about Stoov's migration from Lightspeed to Shopify
Guus Brinkman, Head of Growth at Stoov: “We really reached the limits of what Lightspeed could do, our previous platform. We would fix that on the fly with some tricks and workarounds, but the backend became quite a mess at some point. Connecting other systems to Lightspeed was difficult: they all functioned separately, often resulting in double work. We noticed that there was a plug-and-play integration with Shopify for many of the systems we couldn’t get connected to Lightspeed. We watched Shopify grow bigger and bigger, continuously staying on top of the latest developments in e-commerce. We wanted the newest and the best D2C platform for Stoov, with which we could expand internationally: that’s Shopify Plus.”
Our co-founder Bob wrote an in-depth e-book about migrating to Shopify, explaining everything you need to know when you’re considering a platform migration.
Why Code as your Shopify partner?
We said it already: Shopify + Code = a great match. Code is your go-to partner for everything to do with Shopify and e-commerce growth. Where do we think we can add value as your e-commerce agency?
- After 15 years of software experience, 5+ years of Shopify and e-commerce work and building 250+ Shopify stores, we know what works and have probably done it before. Use it to your advantage and do it right from the start.
- We were the first official Shopify Plus Partner in the EU. This makes us one of the few e-commerce agencies who can build the most complex Shopify webshops, connectors and app
- Our expertise in Shopify apps and custom integrations is what sets us apart from other agencies. We integrate Shopify with your e-commerce ecosystem and make sure it runs smoothly. We also build native Shopify apps that directly improve your Customer Experience and revenue, such as the Returner app.
- We’ve got established partnerships with best-in-class Shopify apps like Gorgias, LoyaltyLion and Klaviyo and the best Dutch design agencies like Bolden and Morrow.
- Our commitment does not stop at building your storefront: we also help you set up your email marketing through Klaviyo, improve your conversion rate, and implement a bespoke Growth strategy.
- Our team exists of 40+ social nerds; Coders with character we like to call them. Pragmatic no-nonsense developers, strategists and marketers.