Scale your e-commerce business with Shopify Plus
Is your e-commerce brand ready to scale internationally? Then your business is ready for Shopify Plus, the big brother of Shopify.
Whether you are already a Shopify merchant or still on another platform: with Shopify Plus you join the ranks of a successful group of international enterprise brands who scaled up their business at an impressive speed.
Migrating to Shopify Plus is a viable move with a monthly revenue reaching from €100k up to +10 mio. Yes, that's right: this platform can grow with you all the way to enterprise level.
Scroll down to find out if Shopify is a good match for your brand's needs and ambitions.
Advantages of Shopify Plus
Before you, enterprise brands such as O’Neill, Steve Madden, Allbirds and Gymshark have put their trust in Shopify Plus. And with good reason: all the valuable features you know from Shopify, plus everything you need for infinite scale:
- Shopify Plus is a strong setup for brands that want to grow fast internationally and optimize their conversion and customer experience.
- Set up 9 extra stores without additional cost, to serve other regions or launch a B2B webshop. You can manage these stores from a single dashboard.
- Due to its infinite scalability, Shopify Plus allows you to process more than 10,000 transactions per minute.
- Are manual tasks slowing you down? With Shopify Plus you get access to Shopify Flow and Launchpad. These tools help you automize and plan tasks in your online store, so you can get more done in less time.
- The Shopify checkout is the best-converting checkout in the world. Optimize your store’s most important conversion page by adding upsell and cross-sell possibilities, customer-specific discounts, shipping options and payment methods.
- The fast Shopify Plus API allows for unlimited integration with other IT platforms such as Akeneo, Netsuite or Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Leverage the mature Shopify ecosystem and integrate solutions from the Shopify App Store, instead of building and maintaining expensive custom functionality.
- Get 24/7 access to superfast phone support for Shopify Plus clients only, and team up with your own Merchant Success Manager.
- As a Shopify Plus Merchant, you can use Shopify's B2B solution for free, including customer-specific prices and minimum order quantities.
- With Shopify Plus you can manage sales channels such as Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Messenger and WhatsApp from a single dashboard.
- Last but not least: Shopify Plus transaction costs (0,15%) are lower than those of other Shopify subscriptions. This means that, starting at a yearly revenue of roughly 5 million, Shopify Plus will be cheaper. Note: If you use Shopify Payments, transaction costs are waived.
Upgrade from Shopify to Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is Shopify’s big brother. An e-commerce solution that grows along with your business, and keeps pace all the way to enterprise level. With the user-friendliness you know from Shopify, plus everything you need to scale and become future-proof.
Are you wondering if you should choose Shopify or Shopify Plus? These are the reasons to choose Shopify Plus over Shopify.
Advantages of Shopify Plus
Shopify offers different pricing categories, with Shopify Advanced and Shopify Plus being the most common choices for merchants.
At Code we see many Shopify merchants making an early switch to Shopify Plus, at a yearly revenue of 1 or 2 million euros. At that point, Shopify Plus is still more expensive than other Shopify subscriptions. Why do these merchants go for it anyway?
Because Shopify Plus will result in a positive ROI, also for brands who have not reached enterprise level yet. Additional features like 9 extra storefronts, B2B functionality and automation weigh up against the (small) difference in cost vs a regular Shopify subscription.
We will always assess the best Shopify setup for your individual business, but we see most of our clients making the switch to Shopify Plus at a monthly revenue of €100,000 - and none of them regret it.
Are you a mature e-commerce brand with an annual online revenue of 5-150 mio? Then it's a sure thing Shopify Plus is the best tier for your brand. For brands with a yearly revenue of +100 mio and up, Shopify offers a strong composable commerce solution called Commerce Components.
Shopify Plus Pricing explained
So, what is the pricing of Shopify Plus in 2023? The simple answer: its monthly fee is 0.25% of your revenue, with a minimum of $2,000.
Is your revenue less than $80,000 a month? Then Shopify Plus costs $2,000 a month. Do you turn over more than $800.000 a month? Then a Shopify Plus plan costs 0.25% of your revenue.
In addition to your monthly base fee, Shopify calculates a variable fee. With Shopify Plus you pay a commission of 0.15% of your revenue (unless you use Shopify Payments). Now this is where it gets interesting for existing Shopify merchants: that 0.15% is well below the 0.5% commission you would pay with a Shopify Advanced subscription.
The tipping point where Shopify Plus is cheaper than Shopify Advanced
Hence, there is a tipping point at which you can claim all the advantages of Shopify Plus, at the same cost as Shopify Advanced.
So where is this tipping point, you ask? That depends on a few factors, such as your revenue, how many storefronts you have, and if you use a Payment Service Provider like Mollie or Shopify Payments (because they charge transaction costs).
Would you like to know the Total Cost of Ownership of a Shopify Plus store for your brand? Fill out our contact form and we'll reach out to you within one workday to give you free advice.
Shopify Plus costs: a sample calculation
To give you an idea we will show you a basic sample calculation. This is a comparison of the cost for a bilingual website with a yearly revenue of $5 million. With Shopify Advanced the monthly fee is $299 per store: hence, in a two-language multistore-setup you pay the fee twice. With Shopify Plus you don’t pay double anymore, because with Shopify Plus you can have up to 9 stores in a single account.
Monthly fee of $299 x 12 months x 2 stores = $7,176
Commission on sales 0.5% of $5 million = $25,000
Total cost: $32,176 per year
Monthly fee of $2,000 x 12 months = $24,000
Commission on sales 0.15% of $5 million = $7,500
Total cost: $31,500 per year
Migrating to Shopify Plus with Code
Are you unsatisfied about your current e-commerce platform? These are 4 signs that it's time for a platform switch.
Code has migrated hundreds of merchants from platforms like Magento / Adobe Commerce, Shopware, BigCommerce, WooCommmerce and Salesforce Commerce Cloud to Shopify and Shopify Plus. Curious how they experienced their migration to Shopify? Read our case interviews with:
- O'Neill (Salesforce Commerce Cloud to Shopify Plus)
- Trimtex (Salesforce Commerce Cloud to Shopify Plus)
- Stoov (Lightspeed to Shopify Plus)
- namuk (Magento to Shopify Plus)
- Rosefield (Magento to Shopify Plus)
- Kabrita / Ausnutria (Woocommerce to Shopify Plus)
- Santaverde (Shopware to Shopify Plus)
Established brands like MR MARVIS and The Sports Edit prove that Shopify Plus is a full-fledged alternative to enterprise ecommerce platforms like Salesforce Commerce Cloud or Adobe Commerce / Magento.
Besides taking care of design and development, Code can ensure a smooth and safe transition of all (customer) data, orders, products, and web pages without downtime or impact on results. We're well-equipped to integrate Shopify Plus with the rest of your systems, such as your ERP, PIM, OMS, WMS and 3PL.
Code is an official Shopify Plus Partner
Are you looking for a reliable Shopify Plus Partner? You are in good hands. Code is one of the most experienced and most technical Shopify agencies in the EU. Our coders build the most complex Shopify Plus webshops and know how to seamlessly connect your online store to the rest of your ecosystem.
What is more, Code was the very first official Shopify Plus Partner in the EU. This means we're part of a select, international group of experienced partners. Because of this, we have early access to important new features, and our direct communication with Shopify engineers allows us to develop an online store that fits your unique needs.
You don’t become a Shopify Plus Partner for nothing, of course. We’ve shown that we know Shopify and Shopify Plus through and through. Code's portfolio of e-commerce brands proves we are a solid and trustworthy partner for brands who want to build and scale on Shopify Plus.
Hence, Code is extremely proud of the official Shopify Plus Partner stamp! And for brands like yours, it’s an extra sign that you've come to the right place. Feels good, doesn’t it?
Is your migration our next project? Fill in our contact form and we will get in touch with you within one business day.